Chandra Announcement: Impact Survey on Upcoming Gap in US Flagship X-ray Astronomy

Tara Gokas

Apr 3, 2024, 2:23:53 PMApr 3
to chandra-announce

Impact Survey on Upcoming Gap in US Flagship X-ray Astronomy

The US Decadal Survey has recommended a suite of flagship facilities to be funded by the NSF and NASA. An analysis of the Astro2020 recommendations shows a gap in US X-ray flagship observatories that could span a decade or more.

We would like to make our community aware that Director’s Office of The Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian is conducting an anonymous survey to assess the impact of this gap on the US and international astronomy communities.  The results from this survey will be incorporated into an upcoming white paper titled: “The upcoming gap in US flagship X-ray astronomy: Impact on US and international astronomy”.

Please fill out the survey by *Friday April 12* by clicking the link or by copying and pasting the following URL into your browser: https://forms.gle/xtiCgFA7JxAwsH4o7

Please share this with your networks and thank you for your help with this survey.