Chandra Announcement: Request for Community Input for Chandra Senior Review

Tara Gokas

Oct 29, 2021, 11:11:45 AM10/29/21
to chandra-...@cfa.harvard.edu
Dear Chandra Community Member:

As you may already know, Chandra will be reviewed as part of NASA's 2022 Senior Review process, in which the Science Mission Directorate conducts independent, comparative reviews of its operating missions.  The results of these reviews provide programmatic and funding recommendations for the next five fiscal years.

As our team looks to the future, with the continued goal of maximizing Chandra's contributions to astrophysics, we would welcome your suggestions about how Chandra can best address emerging and legacy science areas in the upcoming years.

As always, we encourage communication with the Chandra Users' Committee (CUC: https://cxc.harvard.edu/cdo/cuc/), or directly with me (sl...@cfa.harvard.edu) with questions or suggestions for Chandra, but for purposes of the upcoming Senior Review we have established an email alias (chand...@cfa.harvard.edu) through which we invite you to provide input. Your response by 12 Nov 2021 would be most helpful.

Chandra is your observatory, and we look forward to your ideas.

Regards,

Pat Slane
Director, Chandra X-ray Center