Fwd: The gmail account used for public discussions

Kurt Seifried

Dec 18, 2022, 7:55:47 PM12/18/22
to public
So this is helpful, posting publicly for everyone else. So the email headers:

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 5.49.43 PM.png
And the DNS records they mention:

dig -t txt bjca.org.cn
bjca.org.cn. 600 IN TXT "mozilla-root-inclusion-auxiliary-contact=wash...@gmail.com"

and the bjca.cn doesn't show it:
bjca.cn. 600 IN TXT "mozilla-root-inclusion-auxiliary-contact=wash...@gmail.com"

Now the question about authorization to make these statements comes up, however being that they can edit the root DNS records, anything we would ask could be faked without a BIMI level of checking (https://bimigroup.org/resources/VMC_Requirements_latest.pdf) which to be clear I would be in support for for root CA's.