CCADB Update: Multiple enhancements to ccadb.org/resoures

Chris Clements

Apr 29, 2024, 10:38:21 AMApr 29
to public
All,

The CCADB Steering Committee has received several Enhancement Requests over the past months related to assets hosted on ccadb.org/resources. After discussion and design within the CCADB Steering Committee, we intend to make the following updates.

On Wednesday, May 1, 2024, at approximately 16:00 UTC, we will:

+ Provide a copy of the “List of CA problem reporting mechanisms (email, etc.)” report in CSV format. This will be collocated with the existing HTML format version of the report.
+ Add the following new columns (ordered below) to the end of the “NEW Version 2 - All Certificate Information (root and intermediate) in CCADB (CSV) (with NetSec and S/MIME audit information)” report:

  • Authority Key Identifier (extracted from the PEM)
  • Subject Key Identifier (extracted from the PEM)
  • Country (provided by the CA Owner in the CCADB)
  • TLS Capable (boolean value derived by the logic defined in the CA Hierarchy Report [1] function)
  • TLS EV Capable (boolean value derived by the logic defined in the CA Hierarchy Report [1] function)
  • Code Signing Capable (boolean value derived by the logic defined in the CA Hierarchy Report [1] function)
  • S/MIME Capable (boolean value derived by the logic defined in the CA Hierarchy Report [1] function)
Subsequently, on Wednesday, May 15, 2024, we will:

+ Update ccadb.org/resources to only reference the updated All Certificate Information report described above. This report will be named the “All Certificate Information (root and intermediate) in CCADB (CSV)”.

We appreciate all of the constructive suggestions provided by the community!

Please continue to contact CCADB Support (sup...@ccadb.org) with any questions regarding the CCADB.

Thank you
-Chris, on behalf of the CCADB Steering Committee

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cea-dVa3lX9Uen7Tn2upsxyYJhej0b2QN3FwujZNj9M/edit#bookmark=id.246wgwu25pe6