CCADB Update: Audit Team Qualifications

Ben Wilson

Oct 15, 2023, 1:26:22 PM10/15/23
to public

All,

Tomorrow, Monday, October 16, 2023, we will be updating the AUDITS tab of “Add/Update Root Request” Cases in the CCADB to provide upload functionality for Audit Team Qualifications documents (mainly for WebTrust audits, as ETSI audit teams already include this information directly in audit statements).

CA Owners should not be impacted during this update and can perform routine CCADB functions as expected.

We will send a separate email when the update is complete.

Thank you,

Ben, on behalf of the CCADB Steering Committee

Ben Wilson

Oct 16, 2023, 2:33:24 PM10/16/23
to public
All,

The update to the CCADB, which adds an Audit Team Qualifications document upload field to the AUDITS tab of  “Add/Update Root Request” cases, is now complete. (This is mainly for audits that do not include this information directly in audit statements.)  Under the AUDITS tab of  “Add/Update Root Request” cases, there are now sections for "Audit Firm" and "Audit Team".

Instructions for this new upload functionality in the CCADB are available here.

As noted in a separate email, on October 25, 2023, we expect to add a new section 5.2 to the CCADB Policy (Audit Firm and Audit Team Qualifications), which recounts the expected contents of a statement of Audit Team Qualifications. Until then, please refer to each separate root store policy for its audit team qualification requirements.