CCADB Case updates and email notifications

Aaron Gable

Dec 20, 2023, 11:53:28 AM12/20/23
to CCADB Public List
Hi all,

I recently submitted a CCADB Add/Update Root Certificate Case to provide annual audits. During the progress of the case, I received one email notification, when a CCADB operator left a comment on the case. That was great!

However, I received no email notification when the case was closed. Additionally, logging in to CCADB and looking at the "Case Progress" tab gives no indication of when the case was closed.

Can we get datestamps and email notifications for important events like this? Especially in a world where we're encouraged to minimize our logins to CCADB, email notifications would go a long way towards reducing logins and anxiety.

Thanks,
Aaron

Antti Backman

Dec 21, 2023, 12:50:23 AM12/21/23
to CCADB Public

Hi
What it's worth, I concur with Aaron's request. It would be nice to have such notifications of case progress and any other changes for that matter if applicable.

Further in regards to this Chromium Root Program requirement and the limited login quota:
"Ensure information stored in the CCADB is reviewed monthly and updated when changes occur."
At least I cannot figure out how would I adhere to that request other than login to CCADB, so that would consume one login per month anyhow.

//Antti

Chris Clements

Dec 21, 2023, 12:33:46 PM12/21/23
to Antti Backman, CCADB Public
Thank you for the datestamps and email notification suggestions! We will discuss these enhancements within the CCADB Steering Committee and respond shortly thereafter.