Final day! Global Action Week for Education 2021

1 view

Philani Ndebele

Apr 29, 2021, 2:57:49 PM4/29/21
to Education-COVID-19

Final day! Global Action Week for Education 2021

Dear members and partners,

#GAWE2021 #OneBillionVoicesForEducation

Dear Members,

Welcome to some highlights of what to expect from the final day of an incredible Global Action Week for Education 2021!

Global Event

“Raise your hand for more and better education financing”

Hosted by the Global Campaign for Education and the Global Partnership for Education, this event will convene high-level speakers to discuss how to secure and deliver sustainable transformative education financing including how to mobilise political and financial commitments for education at the Global Education Summit, July 2021. The event, which will be moderated by Dr Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda, Chair of ActionAid International, will include the following speakers:

  • Abdoulaye Daouda Diallo, Minister of Economy and Finance, Senegal
  • Alice Albright, CEO of the Global Partnership for Education
  • Haldis Host, Education International, Deputy Secretary General
  • Nafisa Baboo, GCE board representative and inclusive education expert
  • Angel Warira, Youth Leader, Kenya
  • Diana Ayala, Youth Leader, Honduras
  • Stephen Obure, Youth Leader, United Kingdom

April 30th 2021 at 9am Washington (EDT) / 2pm London (BST) / 3pm Johannesburg (SAST)
Link to register and watch: http://bit.ly/GAWERaiseYourHand

Youth Instagram takeover!

The GCE Global Secretariat and GCE-US are co-hosting a youth Instagram Takeover on Friday, April 30th that will highlight youth, student, and teacher voices speaking to the education advocacy work that they are doing, how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted them, and what global leaders can do to address these impacts.

Follow the following Instagram accounts throughout the day to see videos, stories and testimonials from young people around the world! @campaignforeducation @gce_us

Events and activities continue around the world!

In Guatemala the Collective of Education for Everyone of Guatemala will broadcast a statement on the importance of educational investment and will do a radio interview at the Guatemalan Federation of Radio Schools. And on April 30, at 4:00 p.m. (Guatemala time), they will host a webinar to raise Attention to Early Childhood Education, with the participation of the mayor of the municipality of Mexico and a Mayan invocation Spiritual Guide with the participation of preschool teachers.

“With our actions, we want to highlight early childhood, the importance of financing education; the importance of access to connectivity, and how to safely return to school in the pandemic ”, states the Education for All Collective.

In Argentina the Argentine Campaign for the Right to Education (CADE) will promote the survey of the voices of families, teachers and young people with the themes "My education in the context of a pandemic" and "The school I want ”. Educational communities will be invited to take testimonial videos, illustrations and written accounts. In addition, communication materials will be disseminated on the eight points identified by the World Campaign for the Right to Education in the document  "Call to Action by a Billion Voices" , prioritizing issues such as improving and increasing financing for education.

"In the framework of an electoral year in Argentina we are going to present the voices of people and activists to influence and make visible the needs of the educational community", affirm the organizers of the actions.

Find out more about all the GAWE national advocacy and campaign activities across Latin America and Caribbean here: https://redclade.org/same-2021/

In Solidarity,

The GCE Secretariat