Libaudioverse 2021 status

TetsFR

Mar 5, 2021, 8:05:25 AM3/5/21
to libaudioverse
Hi

I have read about Austin's post from 2017 whereby the dev of the lib stopped.
That said, is there a chance this gets revived? What about the GoFundMe campaign, could that be revived?
I am interested by a fast lib with strong quality hrtf spatialized sound, able to manage many sources on linux/arm.

Chris Norman

Mar 5, 2021, 8:45:02 AM3/5/21
to libaud...@camlorn.net
Hi,
As you have correctly surmised, Libaudioverse is dead. That said, Austin is now working on Synthizer, which is already better than Libaudioverse in most aspects.

Hope this helps,

Take care,

Chris Norman

TetsFR

Mar 5, 2021, 12:12:43 PM3/5/21
to libaudioverse, Chris
Oh thanks. I did not know about Synthizer, going to have a look at it.
Excellent there is a new project, exiting and looks promizing.

Austin Hicks

Mar 6, 2021, 2:44:18 PM3/6/21
to libaud...@camlorn.net
Wow, I forgot this group even still existed.  I'll make a point of updating Libaudioverse's readme to point at it.  I suppose I should create something for Synthizer support at some point too.

I'm running a GitHub sponsors campaign for my development in general nowadays, and will probably start actually promoting it with the next Synthizer release.  It seemed kind of meh to push that hard when I spent literally 2 weeks just doing CI stuff, but if you're interested:  https://github.com/sponsors/ahicks92

For anyone else following this list still, the reason Libaudioverse stopped is that finishing that iteration of my work needs several months of full-time work, whereas Synthizer (which is intentionally limited in scope to game/VR-like things) has only taken maybe a man-month total so far and is already almost at 1.0.  There's nothing like coming back to this kind of stuff after a few years more experience doing C/C++.