HRTF azimuth strange behavior

Srinids Kher

Oct 6, 2018, 2:41:25 PM10/6/18
to libaudioverse
Hi, I'm having strange problems with HRTF
in the azimuth plane, in the past I made some mistakes in understanding and positioning the 3D axis in lav, so I could be wrong, now I'm confused.
After a year I resumed again lav, with the simplest test on the azimuth plane, a few steps walking around the listener. The sample code is attached to this post.
The code checks the x and y axes with the keys (W, A, S, D) and the listener's orientation with the left and right arrows.
Moving the source first and turning the listener in my case produces a strange effect on the headphones:
the sound is giving me the impression to never go in front of listener but instead remains behind and even moving the sound seems to go from behind, to the side (left or right) and returning back without passing in front of the listener, where it is looking.
So I could think that my code for the rotating listener is wrong, even if I have been based on the examples in the documentation.
I tried with a pair of semi-closed studio headphones and other cheap headphones, with the same result.
I assume the listener's orientation in the code is incorrect and the headphones used are correct because I have compared this test video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b5J1OaP3pU
and it sounds right; ok, the video was not recorded with lav, but it was made with HRTF.
I'm sure, it's a stupid mistake, I assume for certain that the HRTF set used is tested and is absolutely working.
Cheers.
test.zip