About ConvolverNode

C. Dan

Mar 22, 2017, 6:50:39 PM3/22/17
to libaud...@camlorn.net
Hi,

I'm new to LibAudioVerse, and I'm trying to learn more about it's
functions...
I'm very impressed with how it sounds, and how simple was to do a very
simple demo!
But, as any newbie, I have a question...
How can I use the ConvolverNode? Can I set the impulse to by load from
a wav file?

This is what I'm trying...

libaudioverse.initialize()
s1 = libaudioverse.Server()
s1.set_output_device()
world = libaudioverse.EnvironmentNode(s1, "default")
world.panning_strategy = libaudioverse.PanningStrategies.hrtf
world.connect(0, world.server)
world.position.value=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
world.orientation.value=(0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0)
conv = libaudioverse.ConvolverNode(s1, 1)
conv.impulse_response.value = #What can I put on this line?
conv.connect(0, s1)

Thank you for your attention!
- Daniel -

Austin Hicks

Mar 22, 2017, 8:11:48 PM3/22/17
to libaud...@camlorn.net
The convolver node expects an array of floats. Probably what I will
eventually do about this is make float arrays know how to load from wave
files, but I haven't yet. The intent of it is to take data from
something like Numpy.

If your goal is reverb, take a look at the FftConvolver node, which can
load from wave files. For very large impulses, the FftConvolver node is
an order of magnitude faster.

Also, sidenote: the .value on everything is almost completely optional
now. I'm not surprised there's still examples around that use it, but
you can just leave it off.