Just received and can not find home and will not register.

James Paige

Apr 24, 2020, 3:40:18 PM4/24/20
to Camect User Forum
Hello,

I just received the Camect and went through the setup and was able to access the home.camect.com page.  I select the red button to add a new home and then clicked the link to Click here to activate it. I then click agree to the consent and it goes to a "this site can not be reached".  Any Idea's on this?

CamectArup

Apr 24, 2020, 3:50:47 PM4/24/20
to Camect User Forum
In order to activate, you must be browsing from a device connected to the same network as your Camect in order for the activation to work.  It sounds like you might not be on the same network.

Please send sup...@camect.com a screenshot of what you see just before clicking to get the consent, and another screenshot of what you see when you get the error?  Please make sure the url of each page is visible in the screenshot. Thanks.

James Paige

Apr 24, 2020, 4:04:25 PM4/24/20
to Camect User Forum
I have sent the email.  thank you

James Paige

Apr 24, 2020, 4:30:29 PM4/24/20
to Camect User Forum
I also have a Untangle Firewall between my internet modem and my network.  is there any port forwarding I might need to add?

CamectArup

Apr 24, 2020, 4:35:00 PM4/24/20
to Camect User Forum
We've had one user of untangle who reported problems activating, and had to put his Camect into a DMZ (i.e. turn off all firewall rules for it) to activate. After activation he was able to re-enable his firewall rules and everything was fine.

The error message he was getting was different from what you're seeing though. In his case, untangle was causing problems in the communication between Camect and our cloud service. In your case, it sounds like your browser is unable to talk to your Camect device. I'm still waiting to get the screenshots from you to confirm that theory though ...

CamectArup

Apr 24, 2020, 4:40:15 PM4/24/20
to Camect User Forum
P.S. I just got your email. I'll respond to you directly to get some more info ...

James Paige

Apr 28, 2020, 9:12:45 PM4/28/20
to Camect User Forum

And just like that, I got it.  For anyone with this setup, have them follow this link to bypass the IP of the Camect.

Here is my setup, because I am a bit different.

My internet is coming in from AT&T Cell tower via a Mofi4500 then is passed through my personal firewall "untangle".  I was seeing two problems, one was because I was using a cell tower as my internet, the Camect device couldn't reach the Camect servers correctly.  Camect support was able to help me with this by looking at the page that failed and changing the port 8080 to just 80.  This fixed the first part.  The second part was my firewall, and all I had to do was make the Camect device to bypass untangle.  the link below fixed that.  Now I am all set and all works very well.

https://support.untangle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015705607-How-to-bypass-traffic-from-filtering

Thank you for all your support guys.

Christopher Nickl

Apr 29, 2020, 3:36:43 PM4/29/20
to Camect User Forum
FYI, i am the "other untangle user" mentioned above.

I have noticed you can un-check the bypass rule and thus turn that rule off after the home is setup with seemingly no ill-affects.  Arup was able to verify that things look ok on their end.

I've been doing some testing i believe its related to the IDS/IPS and untangle is closing the connections or not allowing some sort of return traffic.  Looking at all the outbound traffic during initial setup there is a lot of communication with a lot of destinations and something funky is happening.  I am still doing testing on this in order to help out, hopefully spanning all traffic to a wireshark instance to see what changes from Bypassed vs not.

Damon

Apr 29, 2020, 4:28:22 PM4/29/20
to Camect User Forum
Untangle user here as well, with all protection modules enabled. My experience was different, I didn't have any problems with the Camect registering or functioning right out of the box. Perhaps some custom filtering or rules you've created in one of the Untangle apps ?