Nest "Failed to sign in. Please make sure username and password are correct."

Chapin

Jan 3, 2020, 1:48:58 PM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
I'm trying to add my Next doorbell to Camect.  It is not accepting the correct credentials, which work if I use a browser.  My doorbell is set up with Nest and not Google.

Anything to try besides making sure the credentials are correct?

My 9 Dahua were all successfully located and added to Camect.

TIA

CamectArup

Jan 3, 2020, 2:08:26 PM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
When you sign on Nest's web site, do you sign in with a Google account, or sign in with nest.com? Make sure that you're checking or not checking the checkbox as appropriate when signing in.

Also immediately after a failed sign in attempt, use "Report Bug" from dropdown you get if you click your profile pic (top right) and check all the checkboxes to submit the logs from your device so we can see if any unexpected errors were logged.

Chapin

Jan 3, 2020, 2:28:38 PM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
It's a gmail email address used to log on to nest.  I have not converted to google logon for nest.  the checkbox is not selected.

Rocket

Jan 4, 2020, 3:33:56 AM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
I am having the same problem.
I have four Nest Cameras it seems to only have found one.
My Nest account has an email sign-in that works with my browser.
I have tried with Chrome and Safari and the same response... "Failed to sign in"

Same as Chapin any help would be appreciated.

CamectArup

Jan 4, 2020, 3:46:41 AM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
We are looking into the problem. It looks like nest changed the nest.com sign in to be a bit more like sign in with Google. We'll have to update our sign in process to match.

However, I'm confused about how you can have 1 camera found ... If you're failing to sign in, none should work. Are all 4 cameras associated with just one sign in account?

CamectArup

Jan 4, 2020, 1:32:33 PM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
We pushed a fix for this last night, and within another hour or two, everyone's devices should have finished picking up the fix. Let us know if you're still having problems signing in to Nest (and if so, please use Report Bug to submit logs right after the failed sign-in attempt).

Chapin

Jan 4, 2020, 3:57:27 PM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
This is working for me.  Thanks!

Rocket

Jan 4, 2020, 6:55:40 PM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
Thanks the push update is working and I have my four Nest cameras running now.
Great job Camect fixed within a few hours... keep up the good work.

Gareth Erskine-Jones

Jan 15, 2020, 1:38:55 PM1/15/20
to Camect User Forum

In what version is this fixed? I think I have the same problem, and my version is showing as:

d848956@release/2020-01-01 5.0.9-050009-generic

Is that up to date or am I failing to get the updates?

Trevor DeMartini

Jan 20, 2020, 1:45:00 PM1/20/20
to Camect User Forum
Aha! Logging in on web at home.nest.com was the trick. There was one more agreement to click. Thanks!

On January 19, 2020 1:37:48 PM Arup Mukherjee <sup...@camect.com> wrote:

Thanks for sending in the bug report and sorry you ran into problems with this. After you created the new nest account, did you try signing in with it on the web at home.nest.com and make sure you can see the cameras?

(After creating the account, you need to sign in and accept some user agreements before the new account will work. I wanted to make sure you've done that.)

Thanks,

Arup