Can't configure Nest Hello Camera

R Spivack

Jul 9, 2020, 3:37:21 AM7/9/20
to Camect User Forum
I have a Google Nest Hello camera that I want to try.

I can't get it configured.  It is found by the automatic search, but after I enter my login/password in the login form and click "connect", it is stuck forever with a spinner next to "Connecting..."

My Nest Hello was converted a few months from Nest to Sign in with a Google login that I only use for the Nest Hello camera.  It uses 2-factor by SMS, but I don't see where I would get that prompt from the Camect login window?

CamectArup

Jul 9, 2020, 4:21:46 AM7/9/20
to Camect User Forum
First, make sure you can sign in with a web browser at home.nest.com using exactly the same credentials you are providing to Camect, and that you can see your camera there after signing in.

Also, per the compatibility notes here, note that we typically recommend using a separate Google account (i.e. separate from your main one) for signing into Nest.

If you're able to see your cameras on home.nest.com, then shortly after the sign in fails, use "Report Bug" from the home settings, and check the checkbox to include logs and settings from your device, so that we can get an idea of what went wrong.