Unable to connect to Amcrest IP8M-2597EB-28MM

Devesh Batra

Feb 20, 2020, 9:45:39 AM2/20/20
to Camect User Forum
Hello Everyone,

I was able to connect to my GW Security cameras (they were found automatically)

However, i have a 4K Amcrest camera IP8M-2597EB-28MM and am unable to add it, even manually

I have tried http://user:pass@IPAddress and it does not work. I'm able to ping the camera IP from my laptop on the same network and when i go to the IP address, i can use the same ID/Password to login. my Dhaua NVR is also able to view the ONVIF feed from the camera

Appreciate any help in getting the cam added

thanks

Devesh Batra

Feb 20, 2020, 11:25:58 AM2/20/20
to Camect User Forum
i also tried using rstp, no luck

the same link opens in VLC

rtsp://IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

CamectArup

Feb 20, 2020, 1:17:38 PM2/20/20
to Camect User Forum
Right after you try to add it manually using the link that works with VLC go, please use "Report Bug" from the dropdown you get if you click your profile pic at the top right. Check all the checkboxes to include logs and settings from your device so that we can see what's going on when you try to add it.

Devesh Batra

Feb 20, 2020, 1:55:47 PM2/20/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi Arup,

I tried submitting a Bug from the menu. when i click send, nothing happens, the window just sits there, does not disappear... not sure if you have received the logs...

CamectArup

Feb 20, 2020, 1:57:29 PM2/20/20
to Camect User Forum
No, we didn't get anything from you. Since you also sent email, I'll follow up with you there to get more info about what's going on.

Devesh Batra

Feb 27, 2020, 10:18:28 AM2/27/20
to Camect User Forum
the below string worked for me to get the low res image from the 4K camera into Camect

rtsp://user:password@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0