Adding V3 Changes Their Light Indicator?

RSJ

Apr 3, 2021, 7:07:15 PM4/3/21
to Camect User Forum
I reset my Camect since I upgraded all my Wyze V2 to V3s. It took multiple attempts to reset the Camect, but it finally completed. I was having issues adding the V3s even after entering my account information. I finally went into the add a device area and was able to add 2-3 at a time before it seemed to lock up on me and I would have to exit out and repeat the process. I also noticed that every camera I added in Camect has changed its light indicator from blue to red. Blue is supposed to mean all is good, while red indicates "powered up and initiating." Is anyone else seeing the same with their Wyze V3s? If the status light is the only thing affected, I'm fine with that, but haven't had a chance to check all cameras for any other changes.

Thank you!

Carl

Apr 3, 2021, 8:30:25 PM4/3/21
to RSJ, Camect User Forum

All my V3’s have a red light just above the actual camera lens.  I believe this is the infrared output.  The V2’s had a status light on the back that blinked and showed blue when connected. I’m guessing that Wyze changed when they made these water resistant.

Avast logo

RSJ

Apr 9, 2021, 3:37:53 PM4/9/21
to Camect User Forum, CaHanson, RSJ
Hello!  There are two different lights on the V3 the light in the back when setting up and the light in the front which shows the status. According to the following Wyze page, the solid red indicates powered on and initiating while the solid blue means the device is working properly.  Any of my Camect connected V3s will turn red instead of blue and I wasn't sure if others had noticed this or not. It's not a huge deal and really isn't a problem as long as the camera and Camect are running as they should.