Cancel snooze?

Picklepot

May 10, 2024, 7:00:19 PMMay 10
to Camect User Forum
In the past, to cancel a snooze I have just snoozed for a shorter time. Today, that didn't seem to work.  Where do I see what the current snooze setting is and is there a better way to cancel the snoozes?

CamectChao

May 12, 2024, 2:04:58 PMMay 12
to Camect User Forum, Picklepot
How did you cancel it?
You can find all snoozes in the alert settings tab. Delete to cancel it.
no_detection_time.png

Kjell Osness

May 14, 2024, 1:45:00 AMMay 14
to Camect User Forum, CamectChao, Picklepot
I have used the snooze quite a bit since I have not been able to find a way to turn off the garage notifications every time I get home and unload tools.  I don't want the 20+ notifications that arrive when I get home so I snooze it for  and hour.  But how cool would it be to have it auto disable for just a predetermined amount of time when my phone is detected on the network. It would be great to see a countdown timer and an on/off snooze button on the app vs going into the alert menu to see it there.  Maybe the phone itself can be have a QR code in it from the app that could be used to trigger events? Thinking out loud.
-Kjell

Dustin

May 14, 2024, 7:00:52 AMMay 14
to Kjell Osness, Camect User Forum, CamectChao, Picklepot
If it had Home Kit or geofencing in the app
That would work
You can use home assistant to do it
But they dont have snooze on the api
Just disarm and arm

On May 14, 2024, at 12:45 AM, Kjell Osness <alefaud...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have used the snooze quite a bit since I have not been able to find a way to turn off the garage notifications every time I get home and unload tools.  I don't want the 20+ notifications that arrive when I get home so I snooze it for  and hour.  But how cool would it be to have it auto disable for just a predetermined amount of time when my phone is detected on the network. It would be great to see a countdown timer and an on/off snooze button on the app vs going into the alert menu to see it there.  Maybe the phone itself can be have a QR code in it from the app that could be used to trigger events? Thinking out loud.

Picklepot

May 14, 2024, 8:00:47 AMMay 14
to Camect User Forum, Dustin, Camect User Forum, CamectChao, Picklepot, Kjell Osness
Yes, that is exactly how we use snooze too.  If we are out in the yard working, we don't want a million emails to clear out when we come back in.  But there is no way I can see to cancel or know if a snooze is in effect (I do not see anything in the alert page).  The only way I have been able to do it is to override the existing snooze with a shorter snooze (1 minute)... But for some reason it didn't work as usual.  I am wondering if it was because my hubby tried the override trick but I had done the original snooze. When we snooze, we do "stop sending" which apples to all users.

Will Stillwell

May 14, 2024, 9:09:40 AMMay 14
to Picklepot, Camect User Forum, Dustin, CamectChao, Kjell Osness
I've never played with home and away that is built it, but I thought it did some of that already?  One of my pain points is telegram alerts that hit multiple cameras when I get a package delivery.  1) street camera, 2)Driveway 3)Sidewalk 4) porch 5) door.  Yeah might be overkill on the # of cameras, but want the best chance of catching porch pirates or car vandals.  There are times I'm away from home, wife is home and goes out to do yardwork.  She knows nothing about snoozing the cameras, I'm driving down the road, and I get onscreen via carplay telegram alert after telegram alert  that of course won't even play on my car screen and I'm driving and can do nothing about it.  I also haven't figured out how to disable or snooze alerts from my mobile phone yet.   I would love it if there was a way to get a video feed from an alert that isn't a clip but a live stream of cameras on my car screen while driving.  Heck even a video clip that would play on the car infotainment screen would be great.

~Will

Picklepot

May 14, 2024, 9:37:18 AMMay 14
to Camect User Forum, Will Stillwell, Camect User Forum, Dustin, CamectChao, Kjell Osness, Picklepot
I snooze from my phone.. I use the V2 GUI... Snooze alerts is at the bottom of the pageScreenshot_20240514-063606.png