Pan/Tilt isn't showing for Amcrest cameras

Gary Richardson

Feb 10, 2020, 10:26:14 AM2/10/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi all,

I've got mix of cameras in my camect profile. Most of them are flavors of the Panasonic BL series (BL-C131a, BL-C210a, BL-C230a, etc..._) and just recently I've added a couple of Amcrest IP2M-841B cameras. For all Panasonic cameras I have the option to pan/tilt the view.

But on the Amcrest cameras I don't have that optoin.

Is this something I need to configure on the Amcrest cameras to allow/pan tilt? I didn't have to change anything on the Panasonic cameras.

Thanks!

-Gary

CamectArup

Feb 10, 2020, 10:54:07 PM2/10/20
to Camect User Forum
Are all of your Amcrest IP2M-841B cameras on WiFi, or does this problem happen even when your cameras are connected to a wired network?

We sometimes see this happen when the WiFi signal is not great, causing the camera to fail to respond quickly enough when we query to see if it has WiFi.

This assumes you haven't done anything unusual, like create a separate user account on the camera. (If you did that, then of course you'll have to make sure that user has permission to use PTZ.)

ZzyzxOh

Feb 19, 2020, 10:36:53 AM2/19/20
to Camect User Forum
I would add that once you get a better signal you may need to "re-add" them to get it toggled on and delete the duplicate afterward.