Is anyone else having issues uploading to Camect?

Dave Haffner

Mar 27, 2021, 6:44:42 AM3/27/21
to Camect User Forum
I haven't been able to upload clips for a day now.  I think it would be important to know when a bird is mistaken for a person, or a person for a dog.  But when I try to upload, it just hangs.
Are there issues at Camect, or is it just my account?

Tony Welle

Mar 27, 2021, 9:00:05 AM3/27/21
to Camect User Forum, hunts...@gmail.com
I posted the same issue in the User Forum on 3/24. To date, there haven't been any responses.

Dave Haffner

Mar 27, 2021, 9:05:25 AM3/27/21
to Tony Welle, Camect User Forum
Thanks, Tony.
Glad to know it isn’t just me.  :)

Wendell Morris

Mar 27, 2021, 10:45:50 AM3/27/21
to Camect User Forum, hunts...@gmail.com, Camect User Forum, tonyw...@gmail.com
I have been able to upload several clips (including 3 just now) without any problems.  Are you sure you didn’t get signed out of Google Drive?

Mark Jones

Mar 28, 2021, 4:42:54 AM3/28/21
to Camect User Forum, wmo...@CincyMorris.com, hunts...@gmail.com, Camect User Forum, tonyw...@gmail.com
Yes i have had the same the issue uploading to Camect over the last couple of days.
The only way i resolved it was rebooting the camect device, as soon as i did this then they started to upload.

Dave Haffner

Mar 28, 2021, 4:43:11 AM3/28/21
to Mark Jones, Camect User Forum, wmo...@CincyMorris.com, tonyw...@gmail.com
Well, that’s a good idea. 🙂 thanks!

Dave

On Mar 28, 2021, at 4:33 AM, Mark Jones <jones1...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Yes i have had the same the issue uploading to Camect over the last couple of days.

CamectArup

Mar 28, 2021, 4:48:34 AM3/28/21
to Camect User Forum
If any of you guys get stuck in this state again (or are still stuck), please use "Report Bug" right after trying an upload, and then let us know if rebooting resolved it. We'll see if there's something fixable going on.

Anecdotally, I've seen Google Drive itself (i.e. in scenarios not involving Camect) getting occasionally stuck on uploads from a particular device in the past week. I don't know if there's a pattern there, but hopefully we can tell from the logs whether it's a problem in the code, or stuckiness in Google Drive itself.