Wyze Cam v4

Will Stillwell

Mar 26, 2024, 11:56:41 AMMar 26
to Camect User Forum
Have a 2 pack on the way, Fingers crossed they will work with Camect   Will report back when they get here and test them out.

~Will

KP

Mar 27, 2024, 8:27:17 PMMar 27
to Camect User Forum, Will Stillwell
Got my WyzeCam v4 today, great video quality (in the wyze app).

Tried adding to camect and got this error:

avformat_open_input failed: [-1094995529] (Invalid data found when processing input). Do you want to retry?

Jakety Jake

Mar 28, 2024, 11:24:37 PMMar 28
to Camect User Forum, KP, Will Stillwell
same issue here.  i activated 6 new cameras today and deleted all the old ones (v3 x5) and nothing connects.  same error:
avformat_open_input failed: [-1094995529] (Invalid data found when processing input). Do you want to retry?

CamectChao

Mar 29, 2024, 5:04:25 AMMar 29
to Camect User Forum, Jakety Jake, KP, Will

The new cameras use a new audio codec that we don't know about.
It'll take a while before we can fix it.

Will Stillwell

Mar 29, 2024, 10:58:57 AMMar 29
to CamectChao, Camect User Forum, Jakety Jake, KP
Better that they change the audio than the video ;)  I was afraid it was the same as the OG cameras.   Hopefully, a fix will come soon.  I'd rather have no audio than not work at all.   My 2 pack should be here today.

~Will

Chao Liu

Mar 29, 2024, 2:39:32 PMMar 29
to Jakety Jake, Camect User Forum, KP, Will
It won't work because the code doesn't know what's the data, i.e. it doesn't know it's audio or video.
We'll need to make a release to get it to work. It'll take some time.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 9:48 AM Jakety Jake <jaket...@gmail.com> wrote:
i told camect to not receive or record audio.  they still don't connect.  can we at least record video only until the new audio codec is figured out?

on a side note, i hope this new audio codec let's the playback be at realtime.  my wyze cameras have only played back a slightly slowed audio playback through camect since the beginning of wyze/camect interfacing.  it made everyone sound like the parents in Peanuts.

Jakety Jake

Mar 29, 2024, 3:11:15 PMMar 29
to Camect User Forum, CamectChao, Jakety Jake, KP, Will
i told camect to not receive or record audio.  they still don't connect.  can we at least record video only until the new audio codec is figured out?

on a side note, i hope this new audio codec let's the playback be at realtime.  my wyze cameras have only played back a slightly slowed audio playback through camect since the beginning of wyze/camect interfacing.  it made everyone sound like the parents in Peanuts.

Jason Urgo

Mar 30, 2024, 8:37:07 PMMar 30
to Camect User Forum, Jakety Jake, CamectChao, KP, Will
Just got 6 of these v4 cams today. Thinking of replacing my nest cameras once and for all since they're no longer supported due to Google being dumb.  I too got the same error others have reported (no surprise) but I did want to note that it did work seamlessly via docker-wyze-cam which I also use to pull the wyze cams up via vlc.

Not sure if that is helpful but might be a starting point if you're trying to figure out the codec: https://github.com/mrlt8/docker-wyze-bridge Looks like they haven't updated it since January, well before v4 was announced, but it still works.  Per its logs these are the stream details: 120kb/s 2K stream (H264/20fps)

CamectChao

Apr 3, 2024, 4:23:53 PMApr 3
to Camect User Forum, urgo...@gmail.com, Jakety Jake, CamectChao, KP, Will

Thanks. Curious does https://github.com/mrlt8/docker-wyze-bridge work when the wyze camera and the bridge are not on the same network?

Jason Urgo

Apr 3, 2024, 5:25:13 PMApr 3
to Camect User Forum, CamectChao, urgo...@gmail.com, Jakety Jake, KP, Will
It used to, but it looks like just like Camect, a camera firmware update earlier this year broke that functionality.  Also looking at the issues log on github, it looks like for the V4 cam it only works currently when you disable sound.  I had that disabled anyway so that is why mine just worked.  So they do have the same sound codec issue it seems, just disabling sound function does seem to make theirs work at least.

CamectChao

Apr 4, 2024, 3:15:35 PMApr 4
to Camect User Forum, urgo...@gmail.com, CamectChao, Jakety Jake, KP, Will
Some update: we have some progress. However, can only get the substream now.
Will continue to work on it when I have a V4 at my hands.

On Wednesday, April 3, 2024 at 2:25:13 PM UTC-7 urgo...@gmail.com wrote:
It used to, but it looks like just like Camect, a camera firmware update earlier this year broke that functionality.
Yeah. I don't think there is any legit way to do it w/o wyze approving it.

Will Stillwell

Apr 4, 2024, 5:46:24 PMApr 4
to CamectChao, Camect User Forum, urgo...@gmail.com, Jakety Jake, KP
yeah, mine showed up yesterday.  Still in the box.  Because I'm not so sure I want to stay with Wyze, and am thinking seriously of going a different route.     I hope you get your hands on a V4 soon and can work on it.     And Substream you say?  Wyze has substreams?

~Will

Kyle Powers

Apr 4, 2024, 6:05:15 PMApr 4
to JaketyJake _, CamectChao, Camect User Forum, urgo...@gmail.com, Will
I believe it's a low quality "preview" stream, usually without audio.

On Thu, Apr 4, 2024, 3:01 PM JaketyJake _ <jaket...@gmail.com> wrote:
Forgive me, but can you explain what the substream is?

JaketyJake _

Apr 4, 2024, 6:19:31 PMApr 4
to CamectChao, Camect User Forum, urgo...@gmail.com, KP, Will
Forgive me, but can you explain what the substream is?

JaketyJake _

Apr 4, 2024, 6:19:45 PMApr 4
to Kyle Powers, CamectChao, Camect User Forum, urgo...@gmail.com, Will
I'll settle for no audio over nothing while they figure out the rest.

Jason Urgo

Apr 4, 2024, 6:40:37 PMApr 4
to Camect User Forum, JaketyJake _, CamectChao, Camect User Forum, urgo...@gmail.com, Will, Kyle Powers
Just confirming, I have two v4 cams working on Camect now. Thank you!

Here is just a little example of v3 pro vs v4.
patiocams.png

JaketyJake _

Apr 4, 2024, 7:29:42 PMApr 4
to Jason Urgo, Camect User Forum, CamectChao, Will, Kyle Powers
Oh wow. I just opened the camera app and all the v4 cameras showed video. That's as far as I got into checking their functionality, but his enough for me. I just needed video to work.

👍👍👍

Will Stillwell

Apr 4, 2024, 8:15:05 PMApr 4
to Jason Urgo, Camect User Forum, JaketyJake _, CamectChao, Kyle Powers
2 wows.  1 how did you get them working on the Camect?    2 Wow you can really see a difference with the edges of the everything jagged edges on beams, door, chairs, but on the V4 smooth   Very nice.

Oh, did they push an update out today?  I guess it is time to unbox my 2 V4 and check them out!   See if the wifi is any better in them too.

~Will

Will Stillwell

Apr 4, 2024, 8:43:32 PMApr 4
to Jason Urgo, Camect User Forum, JaketyJake _, CamectChao, Kyle Powers
I am guessing we are getting a substream, which is what they use on my.wyze.com   That is my new V4 with the firmware update.

image.png

~Will

Jim S

Apr 23, 2024, 6:35:43 PMApr 23
to Camect User Forum, CamectChao, urgo...@gmail.com, Jakety Jake, KP, Will
Any news on getting the full V4 stream working?
I bought a few of these a couple weeks ago  to replace Nest cams.  Didn't know about the issue until I found this thread.  I did get them to show up but the stream I am getting thru Camect is definitely not the full res you can see in the Wyze app.  Somewhat usable for now.
Thanks much,
Jim

Will Stillwell

Apr 23, 2024, 8:41:58 PMApr 23
to Jim S, Camect User Forum, CamectChao, urgo...@gmail.com, Jakety Jake, KP
I emailed the group about it today and they answered yes, it will be in the next version
~Will

Jim S

Apr 23, 2024, 9:33:53 PMApr 23
to Camect User Forum, Will Stillwell, Camect User Forum, CamectChao, urgo...@gmail.com, Jakety Jake, KP, Jim S