release/2020-07-18-c (nest sign in fixes, Amcrest/Dahua/Trivision port fixes, Amcrest Smart Home minimal support)

CamectArup

Jul 29, 2020, 5:42:44 AM7/29/20
to Camect User Forum
Another small set of bugfixes over the previous update:

Fix more nest sign in problems that some users were still experiencing.

Change default RTSP port for Amcrest/Dahua and Trivision cameras to 554 rather than 80. 554 is more
widely supported on the models that these drivers support.

Add a minimal driver to allow access to (only) the video stream on some Amcrest Smart Home cameras that provide an RTSP stream.

Robert Switala

Jul 29, 2020, 8:32:56 AM7/29/20
to CamectArup, Camect User Forum
I have an Amcrest Doorbell - I manually entered an RTSP string to pick up the 1080p stream a while back - it’s been working and continues to.

The RTSP string above does not match exactly what I originally entered: rtsp://admin:********@192.168.1.216:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

With this most recent update Camect tried to add a second stream (640x480) - the camera window shows it is unable to connect.  Should I just forget it?

CamectArup

Jul 29, 2020, 2:47:51 PM7/29/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi Rob,

    Thanks for sharing. The update from yesterday allows an ASH-21 to work, and I had hoped it would allow the doorbell to work too, although we have not tested a doorbell yet -- so this is helpful.
The size for the auto-detected doorbell you saw is wrong because it wasn't able to connect to the doorbell, so you can ignore it -- it would have changed to the correct size after a successful connection.

Could you use "Report Bug" from the home settings and check the checkbox to include logs and settings so I can get a look at what happened on the attempt to contact the doorbell?

I'll also follow up with you in email to ask about the difference in RTSP urls since I can't see the second one fully in the image you sent.
Message has been deleted