Announcements Via Google Home Devices

Eric Roberts

May 26, 2020, 12:30:47 PM5/26/20
to Camect User Forum
I have set up my Camect to provide announcements though my Google mini's when it detects the selected objects. The detection and announcements seem to be working really well so far, the potential bug I'm running into is related to the format of the announcement that gets sent to the Google home devices.

I generally name my cameras for the locations where they are installed (e.g. Driveway Camera, Courtyard Camera, etc.).

When the announcements come over, the Google device states "Camera Driveway Camera just saw XXXX".

If I change the name of my cameras to something like Driveway, Courtyard, etc. the announcement does change to now state "Camera Driveway just saw XXXX" but it still seems like that initial "Camera" in the announcement should either be moved to after the device name or removed all together (e.g. This would change the format to something like " 'Camera Name' just saw 'Detected Object(s)' " Or " 'Camera Name' camera just saw 'Detected Object(s)' ").

I know not a huge deal, but I didn't see many people that mentioned using the announcements via the forum so figured I would call it out.

CamectArup

May 26, 2020, 6:45:19 PM5/26/20
to Camect User Forum
Okay, we'll remove the word "Camera" in those announcements.