Rod Keen

Jul 8, 2020, 9:55:01 AM7/8/20
to Camect User Forum
I saw a reply from Arup regarding adding external USB drives as an expansion. I have a "spare" Synology drive that I would like to use as an external add on so does anybody have experience of adding one to the Camect.
Many thanks
Rod

Eric Roberts

Jul 8, 2020, 10:44:37 AM7/8/20
to Camect User Forum
Yes, I am actually using an external hard drive as my main cam feed storage for my Camect device. The onboard storage is only being used to run the OS.

I’m running a WD purple 8tb hard drive. I found an external hard drive enclosure that runs USB 3.1 Gen 2 and it has been working great so far.

Rod Keen

Jul 8, 2020, 1:45:37 PM7/8/20
to Camect User Forum
Thanks Eric, I'll have a look at this. I've heard that we purple are good drives.