Capturing a frame from fullscreen downloads last non-fullscreen frame

David Sinclair

Jan 3, 2020, 12:25:07 PM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
If I view a single camera in fullscreen mode (by double-clicking the camera from the multi-cam view), pause on a frame, and click the camera button to download a capture of that frame, it downloads the last frame seen before going to fullscreen, not the currently displayed fullscreen frame.

I reproduced it by exiting fullscreen, playing a bit, pausing, going back to fullscreen, playing some more, and capturing again — it downloaded the frame before going to fullscreen, not where it should've been up to.

This happens both while reviewing alerts and non-alert playback.

This is a significant issue.

CamectChao

Jan 3, 2020, 12:51:17 PM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
Thanks for report this. We'll fix it.

Robert Spendlove

Jan 4, 2020, 12:31:40 PM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
I tried to recreate this myself and I always get the current frame on export.  For clarification, when I export a single frame in the multi camera view, I get a full-resolution export of that frame.  Going to large single camera view (of reduced resolution still) I then move forward and on export I get a full resolution export of the new time, and in full-resolution single camera view and moving forward, I also get a full resolution of the export of the new time.    No problems at all.

My cameras are Dahua (Lorex) via RTSP feed.

CamectArup

Jan 4, 2020, 1:22:16 PM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
That's probably because we already fixed the problem :-)

David Sinclair

Jan 4, 2020, 1:26:36 PM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
I just checked, and yes, it does appear to be fixed.  Thank you for the quick fix!

I know you're busy, especially now with CES, but it might be helpful to follow up in the forum thread when something is fixed, so we can confirm, or at least stop avoiding the issue.

CamectArup

Jan 4, 2020, 1:30:52 PM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
We probably would have followed up ... but we prefer to announce things after we think everyone's device should have picked it up, and for fixes that require software pushes, that means we have to wait at least 8 hours. This particular fix actually didn't require waiting for a software push, but it went out with other updates that did.

David Sinclair

Jan 4, 2020, 1:40:56 PM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
Fair enough. On that note, do you have a release notes page somewhere? I know most people don't bother reading them, but some do. I'm curious about what is changed.

(The ideal place would probably be via an item in the web app's account menu, or in the forums.)

CamectArup

Jan 4, 2020, 1:46:48 PM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
Sorry, no such thing exists at present. Keep in mind that we're a small startup ... We don't have a team of PMs dedicated to doing this, at least not yet :-). We'll announce important fixes and feature updates, but not every little change that we make. As you noted, not many people would read release notes, and we do take popularity into account when deciding how to spend our limited resources.

David Sinclair

Jan 4, 2020, 1:54:32 PM1/4/20
to Camect User Forum
Understood. Then just a "fixed" reply in the forum thread would suffice, to let people who reported an issue know that it has been addressed, and prevent other people reading the forum from thinking there are outstanding issues when they've been resolved.