Firefox ended support for Amazon Fire TV

MOH

Apr 12, 2021, 9:47:42 AM4/12/21
to Camect User Forum
For those of you who have integrated your IPCs to be viewed over your Amazon Fire Tvs... I just received a notice this morning that “Firefox has ended support for Amazon Fire Tv. This app may continue to work, bu it won’t receive security or other updates effective April 30, 2021.”
“Starting on April 30, 2021, we will no longer support Firefox on Amazon Fire TV or Echo Show. You will no longer be able to install the app on Fire TV, receive security updates, or be able to reinstall the app if you uninstall it starting on April 30, 2021. If you have Firefox set as your default browser on Echo Show, you will be redirected to Amazon Silk for web browsing starting April 30, 2021.”
I have been using the Bookmarker app to have Firefox pull up my Camect individual camera view on my Fire TV via Alexa voice commands as I liked the appearance and UI of Firefox. I have not tried to use Silk with Bookmarker and Camect. Will have to experiment.

Michael H

Apr 12, 2021, 10:13:12 AM4/12/21
to Camect User Forum
Update. Converted all my Bookmarker bookmarks from Firefox to Silk. I understand IIRC, that Firefox was just a “skin” for Silk (or vice versa) on Fire TV anyway. I just preferred the ease of use, appearance and features of Firefox on my Fire TV over Silk. Oh well.