Setting up Camect

John Radford

Jan 29, 2020, 2:29:57 PM1/29/20
to Camect User Forum
I have my Camect operating using Amcrest cameras, 2 pan and tilts and 1 that is stationary.

When I first setup the cameras I could operate the pan and tilt, I have now moved them their spots and plugged them back in. Now the pan and tilt arrows are not available. How do I get them back in operation?

Where do I go to view the cameras ratings?

Is there a way to have Camect to record only when their is activity?

Thanks a new user.
John R.

CamectArup

Jan 29, 2020, 2:54:01 PM1/29/20
to Camect User Forum
If Camect is failing to detect PTZ on an Amcrest camera that's often a symptom of WiFi flakiness -- basically we ask the camera if it has PTZ and it does not respond quickly enough so we assume it doesn't have it. I am guessing that you had it plugged into the wired network earlier when PTZ was detected properly?

Unless the connection is really bad you might be able to re-enable PTZ by disabling and re-enabling the camera. (Disable using the slider at the top left of the camera title bar, then click "show XX disabled cameras" at the bottom of the camera display, and then re-enable using the slider again.)

By the way, if the WiFi is bad, you may also have problems with alert detection on that camera, as good alert detection requires at least 5 fps from the camera.

What ratings are you asking about? The ones you create by hitting thumbs up/down on an alert? Those are available from the camera settings (wrench in camera title) > alerts > manage ratings.

There is no way to record only on activity. However, if you're asking about this because you want to save disk space, you get the best of both worlds -- When the disk is full, Camect will prioritize uninteresting motion and periods of no motion to delete over video containing interesting motion. (So, you get continuous recording, but the less useful video is also deleted more quickly.)