Nest hello offline online

Dennis Chon

Jan 5, 2020, 8:25:43 AM1/5/20
to Camect User Forum
Wondering if anyone else is having issues where their nest hello goes offline and back online within a minute or two. The camera still has power as I can access the feed via the nest app but camect seems to be losing the feed. It happens often enough that it seems like something within camect but wanted to check if others had seen something similar. The hello is wired to an AC adapter and plugged straight into the outlet. Wifi connection is consistent as evidenced by the nest feed still working as well. My other two cameras are wired amcrests and they do not have similar issues.

Thanks.

Daniel Hicks

Jan 5, 2020, 12:17:57 PM1/5/20
to Camect User Forum
I'm not seeing issues with my Hello but I do have 2 other Nest cameras that like to disconnect and reconnect regularly. I have 7 total but am only seeing the issue with 2.

If I can catch it in time I'll make a point to check the Nest app to see if they're also disconnected there when it happens again.

One of them is likely a legit spotty WiFi problem for some of the time as I get occasional disconnection alerts from the Nest app for the same camera. But I've been getting the alerts much more frequently from Camect.

CamectArup

Jan 5, 2020, 2:08:28 PM1/5/20
to Camect User Forum
This sounds very much like flaky wifi. I don't know how long a camera has to be offline before Nest will alert you to but for us the default is 6 minutes and it may be longer than that for Nest. You can control the Camect delay from the alert settings if you don't want to know about these outages.

When your camera drops off, Camect retries the connection immediately and if that fails it will retry every 6 minutes or so.

If you want to verify that it's wifi, you need to check with the Nest app as soon as possible after the connection drops, or else you have the possibility that the connection dropped, Camect failed to re-establish, the wifi then comes back, and the camera is online by the time you check but before Camect has tried again. (So, I'd set the alert delay to 1 minute and check as soon as you get the alert.)

Dennis Chon

Jan 6, 2020, 4:10:08 PM1/6/20
to Camect User Forum
I normally have my cameras at notifying me after one minute of being offline and have noticed that the hello seems to still be online via the nest app most of the time. The wifi signal seems strong enough as well as it seems to consistently get 100+ Mbps when I check the device connectivity speeds. Maybe I have a faulty unit or maybe there is something going on with my power to the camera as it is connected via an AC adapter. Not sure what the issue would be but always a possibility.