Motion that is undetected

Randy Rushing

May 5, 2020, 12:36:35 PM5/5/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi,

This feels like it should be a question easily answered or covered in documentation, but can't find the answer anywhere.  When I discover motion events that are not detected even as "Uninteresting" how do I train the system for that type of motion?  Or how do I submit this footage to Camect Admins for review?  I well aware of how to do this for "Uinteresting" alerts or false detections, but I have not found any way to deal with complete failure to detect.  I've got a great example of this attached.
SideDoor_20200505T033926_29.9s.mp4

Will Stillwell

May 5, 2020, 12:55:20 PM5/5/20
to Randy Rushing, Camect User Forum
You create a clip when reviewing.   Then click the share button, and store it in google then choose to share with Camect and give a description of what is going on.  I just did it a couple days ago.  Of course it was my error I had forgot to show uninteresting.

~Will

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 9:36 AM Randy Rushing <ranru...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

This feels like it should be a question easily answered or covered in documentation, but can't find the answer anywhere.  When I discover motion events that are not detected even as "Uninteresting" how do I train the system for that type of motion?  Or how do I submit this footage to Camect Admins for review?  I well aware of how to do this for "Uinteresting" alerts or false detections, but I have not found any way to deal with complete failure to detect.  I've got a great example of this attached.

Randy Rushing

CamectArup

May 5, 2020, 2:33:12 PM5/5/20
to Camect User Forum
When you have a case that was not even detected as uninteresting, it's something we need to add to the AI model to fix, not something that can be fixed locally on the device. It takes, on average 1.5 weeks for us to update the model after your input.

The procedure for handing this case is in the last paragraph of page 16 in the "Learning More about Camect" guide linked off camect.com/welcome ... It's basically as Will described it.

You are not tossing it into a black hole. We are very grateful for data contributed and look at every single one of these submissions. Occasionally it's not possible to use a submission (e.g. because the video quality is too low) and for those we'll respond and tell you why it failed.

Randy Rushing

May 5, 2020, 2:35:46 PM5/5/20
to Camect User Forum
Thanks Arup,

I just submitted it and I also asked that you follow up with me, but there's no longer a need for follow up.  You've just answered questions I have.

Thanks!

CamectArup

May 5, 2020, 3:03:36 PM5/5/20
to Camect User Forum
By the way - since it sounded like you might not be aware of our responses to your earlier alert video submissions -- we've responded to you in email after your submissions several times, often just acknowledging that they were added to the training set. The most recent response was on April 11 from Chao. If you haven't been seeing them, you might want to check if they're going to spam. The subject lines for all these messages typically start with "[Alert Video Shared]".

Randy Rushing

May 5, 2020, 4:38:10 PM5/5/20
to Camect User Forum
Ok, this all stems from the fact that I don't use Gmail for mail yet when I started using Camect I used my one and only Gmail account/address which means I have to have rules set up to forward Alerts and Forum correspondence to my regular email.  If you've got a cleaver way to sort this out without me having to sign up for a new gmail account or receiving non-Camect spam, I'd love to know about it.

Now that I've looked I see a couple of emails matching "Alert Video Shared", but only from November and January, nothing for April 11.  I've also set a rule to receive these emails in the future.

For me, definitely one of the major draw backs to this system is the heavy reliance on Google and the fact that I am now seemingly tied in to the email I originally used.

CamectArup

May 5, 2020, 5:00:16 PM5/5/20
to Camect User Forum
You can make your primary non-gmail email usable to sign in with google and thus to receive Camect email here. You can then add the email account as a user in the users tab (home settings > users), and give it admin privileges. After that you'll be able to do pretty much everything other than reset the device from it.

If you do this, you'll want to /cancel telegram again from the old account (before signing up from the new account), and disable email and telegram in the "me" tab when signed in with current account. Then, sign up for telegram using the new account, and enable telegram/email in the "me" tab of the new account.