Scheduled reboot?

Andrew

Jul 12, 2020, 12:03:18 AM7/12/20
to Camect User Forum
Could you implement a scheduled reboot option for Camect? (Daily, weekly, monthly)

I find that I need to reboot sometimes to fix issues and it would be nice to have a daily reboot at 3:00 a.m. for example.

CamectArup

Jul 12, 2020, 3:39:17 AM7/12/20
to Camect User Forum
What sorts of issues have you been seeing that need a reboot to fix them, and do they need a full reboot, or just a restart?

Andrew

Jul 14, 2020, 3:56:08 PM7/14/20
to Camect User Forum
On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 12:39:17 AM UTC-7, CamectArup wrote:
> What sorts of issues have you been seeing that need a reboot to fix them, and do they need a full reboot, or just a restart?

Sorry, I should've specified... I meant a restart. An example case, I experienced a brief power outage and my cameras were disconnected. I didn't realize until I noticed I wasn't getting any alerts. If I had the option to schedule restarts, this could've corrected itself.

CamectArup

Jul 14, 2020, 11:08:55 PM7/14/20
to Camect User Forum
Were your disconnected cameras manually-added? If so, I believe the last software update should have cured the problem that caused the camera not to be redetected after they were found not to be present when Camect came up after the power outage.

We may eventually add a scheduled restart if it becomes clear that we need one, but in the meantime, please do tell us if you bump into an issue that required a restart to fix. We want to get rid of any such problems ...