Not Recognizing Selected Objects (USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.)

Rob and Bill

Aug 6, 2020, 2:42:22 PM8/6/20
to Camect User Forum
I have USPS as one of the objects - the system is not recognizing these and sending an alert.

I attached two clips of a USPS truck - found in uninteresting alerts.  It also does not pick up UPS, FedEX, etc.  It does pick up persons.

It had been doing this well.  Is there a workaround - maybe delete all objects, save, and then re-select?  I'm using this so you have the clips - right after I send this I'll do the 'bug report" so you get the Camect files.

Garage_20200805T131127_17s.mp4
Garage_20200805T130821_8.6s.mp4

CamectArup

Aug 6, 2020, 2:51:58 PM8/6/20
to Camect User Forum
For alerts that are not received, please read through pages 15 and 16 of the "Learning More about Camect" guide linked from camect.com/welcome to see how to determine why they were not sent.

If the object really is not recognized (i.e. last case on page 16), then share the clip as described there so we can add the example to the training set to make the AI do better in future.

From what you said it sounds like your alerts might be getting marked as uninteresting. If that's the case, it's due to feedback you provided, either via explicit configuration in the alerts tab or via thumbs up/down ratings. You can see (and delete, if necessary) the ratings you've created by clicking the "manage ratings" link at the bottom of the alerts tab of the camera settings on the camera that marked the alerts uninteresting.