Non-Interesting Alerts

Tony Welle

Jan 12, 2021, 2:07:29 PM1/12/21
to Camect User Forum
I have a street in front of my house defined in negative Alerts for one camera to basically  ignore activity on the street involving objects: Amazon truck, UPS truck, USPS truck, car, pickup or truck. Today an Amazon truck backed up the driveway, person got out and set a package next to garage and the event was flagged as not interesting.

My intentions are to ignore vehicle and pedestrian traffic in the front street but not vehicle or pedestrian traffic that travels up the driveway. I find that adding a positive event for the same objects in the other area results in multiple triggers for the same activity.

Suggestions?

Eric Roberts

Jan 12, 2021, 2:35:48 PM1/12/21
to Tony Welle, Camect User Forum
Do you know if any part of the Amazon truck was still in your negative zone while parked in your driveway? If so, this is likely why it was still flagged as uninteresting. You may just need to take a look at the video and how/where the truck was parked within your  driveway/negative zone and then adjust the negative zone as applicable so that when a vehicle pulls into the driveway it won’t also interact with the negative zone.

And you are right, positive alerts will override Camects built in suppression for multiple alerts of the same thing during the same time period, so avoid that unless you want those multiple alerts.

Eric Roberts

Tony Welle

Jan 12, 2021, 3:55:53 PM1/12/21
to Eric Roberts, Camect User Forum

Eric,

You are correct. It was a tall panel van and the roof of the van did extend into the no-alert area.

Based on this behavior, if the desired effect is to negate alerts for an object in a specific area, does the rule apply so long as any portion of the object is within the defined area?

Said differently, assuming that the road is parallel with the front of the house and the defined exclude area in front of the house is moved away from the house to the other edge of the road. Am I correct to assume that the behavior to negate an alert would work so long as any portion of the moving object is in the negate area?

Tony

Eric Roberts

Jan 12, 2021, 4:04:26 PM1/12/21
to Tony Welle, Camect User Forum
Yes that is how I understand it to function.

So theoretically, for vehicles that you don’t want to be notified about, you just need a negative zone that catches only a portion of the detection area produced by those vehicles passing by on the road.

And then as soon as the entire vehicle detection area (green box you see around the detected object) leaves the negative zone, assuming you have your camera or home alert settings to notify you of that detection type, you should then get a notification.

Eric Roberts

Will Stillwell

Jan 12, 2021, 6:56:29 PM1/12/21
to Eric Roberts, Tony Welle, Camect User Forum
Yeah I've combated this by both reducing the negative area and putting a positive overlap area to combat this.
But reducing that negative area like Eric said should help.

~Will