Software update tonight (bugfixes for global alert view snapshots, more tweaks for false alerts from static objects, google drive sync fixes)

CamectArup

May 16, 2020, 3:55:59 AM5/16/20
to Camect User Forum
release/2020-05-15
    - More tweaks to the alert detection to further reduce the generation of alerts from objects that did not actually move.
    - Fix at least one cause of missing snapshots in global alert view, and also do a better job at ensuring that the snapshot shows the object of interest
    - Fix some problems that occur if google drive sync permissions are deleted, allowing the drive to be re-added properly afterwards.
    - Save more diagnostic info when certain sporadic issues occur (nest login failures, and low fps when viewing)

Will Stillwell

May 16, 2020, 9:36:57 AM5/16/20
to CamectArup, Camect User Forum
When you say tonight, do you mean the night of the 15th - 16th or the 16th - 17th?  Mine did not update overnight last night.

~Will

Will Stillwell

May 16, 2020, 9:39:01 AM5/16/20
to CamectArup, Camect User Forum
Scratch that.  right after I checked the version, within 2 minutes it updated.   Weird.

~Will

CamectArup

May 16, 2020, 2:19:24 PM5/16/20
to Camect User Forum
This is not a hard and fast rule, but I typically post the announcement shortly after we start the update, after I have observed at least one device successfully accept the update.

That means that under normal conditions, you'll get the update sometime in the 8 hours following my announcement. (Of course, if the internet acts up for you at the wrong time, etc, you might miss the first attempt to update and get it in the following cycle. The devices check for updates 3 times a day at random times.)