Camera order in Home View

MOH

Aug 6, 2020, 11:28:36 PM8/6/20
to Camect User Forum
It was my understanding from searching the forum that the order of the cameras as they appear in the Home View could be customized by appending a 1, 2, 3 etc in front of the camera name. While still not as convenient as dragging to position like in virtually every other security camera app I have used, I can live with this hack. However, when I tried this (changing the name of each camera), the name in the title bar changed, but the order/position of the thumbnails did not change from their original configuration. I’m obviously missing something here (new user just getting used to the settings) but am trying to learn. BTW, the streams are a mix of 4K and 1080P (at the moment, total of 16MP) in case the cameras are arranged by streams but this does not seem to be the case as none of the thumbnails change position. Thanks for any help!

CamectArup

Aug 6, 2020, 11:39:18 PM8/6/20
to Camect User Forum
Click on the title bar of a camera and drag to move it around.  If you're trying to do this on a phone, you have to press and hold for at least 1 second before you'll be able to move it.

Michael H

Aug 6, 2020, 11:42:50 PM8/6/20
to CamectArup, Camect User Forum
Dooh! Sorry for the noob question. Did not see this documented anywhere. Worked great! Thank you as always.

Sent from my iPhone