Email alert only when Armed(Away) of Cat in one camera

Kjell Osness

May 9, 2024, 2:15:35 PMMay 9
to Camect User Forum
Hi all,
   I cannot seem to find it in the forum, but I am trying to setup an Email alert only when Armed(Away) of Cat in one camera.  I'm new to camect and am playing with configurations and if I go to
Hub settings gear
Alerts
1 camera with own settings
My settings (Customize email)

I do not see an option to specify the email it should go to. or a way to separate the event out from other events. Maybe I am not thinking or this correctly, but say I have a skunk issue and I want those clips to go to the gardener, but I don't want it waking me up at night via phone alert.

So far I see so much potential with this system.
Thank you.
-Kjell
Alef Audio Video

Arup Mukherjee

May 9, 2024, 9:58:41 PMMay 9
to Kjell Osness, Camect User Forum
You have to create a separate user account (in the users tab) for each email that wants to receive email alerts, and that user has to sign in to change the "my settings" section that applies to them.

However, the settings only allow each user to configure interest at the level of specific cameras -- i.e. each user can specify which cameras they want alerts from, but they cannot configure different behavior for different objects detected by that camera. Thereis a single set of settings that determines whether or not a detected object is interesting (i.e. should generate an alert) and then users can decide which cameras they want to receive alerts from, and in what fashion (i.e. email/app/telegram).