Wyze Pan V3 Firmware update breaks connection

Tim

May 30, 2024, 10:33:14 AMMay 30
to Camect User Forum
I inadvertently upgraded one of my Wyze Pan V3 cameras and now it won't connect to Camect.  I was on version 4.50.3.4240 and now I'm on 4.50.4.8409.  Was there a point where the firmware stopped working with Camect.  I have been afraid to upgrade any of my cameras because of this.

Thank you

CamectChao

May 30, 2024, 11:39:36 AMMay 30
to Camect User Forum, tmor...@gmail.com
Is this camera on the same network as the hub?
Please file a bug report if they are on the same network.

Joe Cancino

May 30, 2024, 12:29:51 PMMay 30
to CamectChao, Camect User Forum, tmor...@gmail.com
I think this may have to do with two factor authentication which becomes effective today. I haven’t updated my camera and it’s offline. You can turn it off
Sent from my iPhone

On May 30, 2024, at 11:39 AM, CamectChao <ch...@camect.com> wrote:

Is this camera on the same network as the hub?

Tim

May 30, 2024, 4:14:40 PMMay 30
to Camect User Forum, Joe Cancino, Camect User Forum, tmor...@gmail.com, CamectChao
The camera in question is on a different network.

Tim

May 30, 2024, 4:25:23 PMMay 30
to Camect User Forum, Tim, Joe Cancino, Camect User Forum, CamectChao
Does anyone still have a copy of version 4.50.3.4240 ?  I could try to downgrade to see if I can get it to connect.  Thanks.

Tim

May 30, 2024, 5:13:15 PMMay 30
to Camect User Forum, Tim, Joe Cancino, Camect User Forum, CamectChao
I tried the oldest available from Wyze (4.50.4.7252) and it worked.  Thanks for the replies, I'm all set.

Chao Liu

May 30, 2024, 6:30:52 PMMay 30
to Tim, Camect User Forum, Joe Cancino
Glad to hear it's working.
Wyze upgraded the firmware earlier this year that third party integration can no longer use their relay server. If the hub and camera are on the same network, it still works.

Will Stillwell

May 30, 2024, 8:28:50 PMMay 30
to Chao Liu, Tim, Camect User Forum, Joe Cancino
Hmmm, I might see about downgrading my 2 V3 that are off the local network to see if they would work with my Camect again.  I'm surprised the oldest available for that pan still works with their services.   :)

~Will