Best way to change "ownership" to my new Gmail email account

RobSpiv Spivack

Mar 31, 2024, 3:00:10 PMMar 31
to Camect User Forum
Migrating to a different gmail account for all my logins

What is the best way to change the primary "ownership" account of my Camelot?

Don't want to just lock myself out by doing something in haste, so asking first.

(In the 'create user' settings, I see I can create a new admin, but doesn't look like I can create or switch 'owner'?)

Arup Mukherjee

Mar 31, 2024, 3:09:48 PMMar 31
to RobSpiv Spivack, Camect User Forum
See here for instructions I've previously posted in response to this question.

RobSpiv Spivack

Apr 1, 2024, 2:24:01 AMApr 1
to Camect User Forum, Arup Mukherjee, Camect User Forum, RobSpiv Spivack
I followed the procedure as far as activating/logging in with the new email.

how do I restore the cloud configuration?  I don't see a "restore" selection anywhere.

Right now, the hub is warning that "A service plan or license code will soon be required for continued use of convenient features like alert delivery and remote viewing. "

I haven't delete the old suspended hub yet and I gave the new hub a different name, just in case using the same names causes a conflict?

Arup Mukherjee

Apr 1, 2024, 2:30:17 AMApr 1
to RobSpiv Spivack, Camect User Forum
One thing that those instructions failed to mention is that you must restore from the V2 UI.

Did you verify that you were able to see the backup of the old hub before you reset it, i.e. step 2? If you reset the original hub without enabling the backup, it's too late to do anything now.

If you can see the old hub listed in the backups, then click on it to expand, and you should see restore buttons next to any backups that are present:

image.png

Arup