Google Chrome on Desktop (macOS or Windows) always stalled

Riten Jaiswal

Feb 18, 2020, 6:58:33 PM2/18/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi!

I am having trouble viewing my cameras on Camect using the Chrome desktop browser.  It works fine in Safari on my Mac, and on Chrome and Safari (uses same engine) on my iPhone.  Is there a setting I need to adjust in Chrome for the Camera images to appear?

thanks,

Riten

P.S.  my cameras are streaming h.264 for the substream, if that makes any difference.

CamectArup

Feb 18, 2020, 9:59:39 PM2/18/20
to Camect User Forum
It's supposed to just work in Chrome. Do you have any unusual extensions in use that may be relevant? I also assume the desktop is reasonably powerful  ... If you are seeing the "stalled" message showing up, it usually means that either the network can't deliver the video, or the browser can't accept the video fast enough.

Do you have a laptop or anything else running Chrome that you could try with to see if the problem is specific to the one desktop, or occurs across the board?

If none of the above seem to apply, "Report Bug" (from the dropdown you get if you click the profile pic at the top right) and click all of the checkboxes so that both browser and device logs are sent so that we can get some more information about what could be going wrong.

Riten Jaiswal

Mar 29, 2020, 12:48:07 PM3/29/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi!  sorry for the late reply.  I finally figured it out.  It was a google chrome plugin.  I had to disable my plugin for auto starting web videos in websites.  Once I disabled that, everything is working as it should.  Keep up the great work.