Previously was setup but not now

Trevor DeMartini

Mar 25, 2020, 2:49:15 PM3/25/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi, I moved my network and Camect box to a different part of my house a few days ag. Now I am stuck with my Camect home as "disconnected" but I am clearly able to ping the device. Any clues to get re-connected? 1 new step is that Camect box is now behind a switch - but of course no change if I move it back to directly behind the router.

CamectArup

Mar 25, 2020, 3:04:08 PM3/25/20
to Camect User Forum

Did you shut down the Camect box when you moved it, or did you power it down and then move it?  (From the other thread I thought you had moved only the router.)

Are you able to connect to the ip of the device on port 443?

If you get a sign in prompt, you can sign in with user admin. If you haven't changed it, the default password would be the userid of the email account used to activate the device, i.e. "foo" if you used "f...@gamil.com"

If it's unresponsive on port 443, do you have an HDMI monitor nearby? Hook the HDMI up and send me a snapshot of what you see.

Trevor DeMartini

Mar 25, 2020, 3:20:19 PM3/25/20
to Camect User Forum
Forgot to power down Camect before moving everything with the router to my home office.

192.168.1.179:443 doesn't return anything but ping is successful.

Pic of HDMI output attached.

Thanks for the quick response!!

IMG_20200325_141259.jpg

CamectArup

Mar 25, 2020, 4:21:39 PM3/25/20
to Camect User Forum
Have you already tried power-cycling it after moving the router?

From the snapshot, it actually looks like it's operating normally. (i.e. connected to the network, able to get to home.camect.com, etc) ... If you haven't power-cycled it, try that in case it's the use from the earlier thread.