Christopher Nickl

Jun 4, 2020, 9:45:54 AM6/4/20
to Camect User Forum
Is there a way to set up camera groups?  For example, I have a few indoor cameras that I'd like to see together at times but don't need the clutter of the rest of the cameras on the screen.

I'd love to be able to select "All Cameras" view and then maybe some custom groups like "Downstairs" or whatever.  If that isn't possible I'd like to at least be able to drag the small windows around so that I can "arrange" the cameras so that the ones I want to see are at least next to each other.  Right now I have to game the system by disabling both and then enabling them to make them both appear at the bottom.  This seems silly to me.

Will Stillwell

Jun 4, 2020, 10:52:16 AM6/4/20
to Christopher Nickl, Camect User Forum
Yep, like Indoor vs outdoor cameras.
~Will

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 6:45 AM Christopher Nickl <fireg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to set up camera groups?  For example, I have a few indoor cameras that I'd like to see together at times but don't need the clutter of the rest of the cameras on the screen.

I'd love to be able to select "All Cameras" view and then maybe some custom groups like "Downstairs" or whatever.  If that isn't possible I'd like to at least be able to drag the small windows around so that I can "arrange" the cameras so that the ones I want to see are at least next to each other.  Right now I have to game the system by disabling both and then enabling them to make them both appear at the bottom.  This seems silly to me.

Eric Meeson

Jun 27, 2020, 4:20:00 PM6/27/20
to Camect User Forum
You can easily order them by appending 01, 02, etc to the camera names as they show in alphanumeric order. Maybe not the best solution but its easy and works without having to wait for Camect to implement anything.

Will Stillwell

Jun 27, 2020, 11:46:38 PM6/27/20
to Eric Meeson, Camect User Forum
Yes I have that, and have done that.   But by groups you could apply alert settings to a group in mass.  One set of alert times and conditions for outdoor vs a different group for indoor where you might not want a type of alert during day hours or something.

As it is now, one must go to each of the cameras that you want to apply the same settings to 1 at a time.   Or else you are setting it for ALL
~Will