Missed detection

Brandon Brown

Apr 28, 2020, 10:55:37 PM4/28/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi there,

My Camect missed an important activity this weekend, and I'm trying to investigate why so I can recalibrate a bit.  This camera does not have any ratings set on it (although after this, I did reset the ratings again, just to be sure). I've also now enabled notifications on all movement; we'll see how noisy that gets.

There are three videos attached.  The Camect detected the "Delivery" event, where somebody placed a package in my courtyard through the gate; it also detected the later "Passerby" event, which shows it is generally doing well detecting things outside the gate; and then it failed to detect the unfortunate "Theft' event, where some jerk came by and stole the package from inside my gate.

This is unfortunate because I was home and would've noticed the Telegram alert.  I could have probably at least scared this guy into dropping the package.  (That said, totally my fault for leaving it out there for so long.)

The only difference I can see is that I have a fine, mesh-like ironwork on part of the gate, which is used to prevent a reach-around unlock.  The thief was largely behind that mesh and spent less time outside of it than the other two individuals - but this is totally speculation.  I'm wondering if the Camect has trouble detecting objects through there?

Anyways, any guidance would be appreciate.  Thanks much.
Passerby - Detected.mp4
Theft - No detection.mp4
Delivery - Detected.mp4

CamectArup

Apr 28, 2020, 11:43:47 PM4/28/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi Brandon -- Please also use "Report Bug" from the home settings, and mention the name of camera that these clips are taken from.  That will let us look at some metadata about the alert.

Also, have you looked in the UI to see if this alert was detected as an uninteresting alert of any sort? (You need to set the alert filter to include uninteresting alerts, and then visit that time in the UI.) Given that his face is always behind the mesh I'm wondering if he was detected as something else. Also, pay attention to whether this video clip occurs in a period of motion that's continuous since the previous alert -- in which case this would have been considered a continuation of the previous alert.

Brandon Brown

Apr 29, 2020, 12:28:47 AM4/29/20
to CamectArup, Camect User Forum
Thanks as always, Arup.  Bug reported.

It shows up as motion in the UI (search bar is green for this time period, rather than white).  But I cannot seem to tweak my settings in any way that gets it to show up as an alert.  It is not part of any continuous motion - the last events on this camera were the two that I included in my post (this is not a particularly active zone during quarantine and is not how packages are typically delivered).