Brook Karen

Dec 24, 2019, 11:14:16 PM12/24/19
to Camect User Forum
Have Lorex and Amcrest cameras. All appear very compressed in the PWA. Are there any ways to improve quality?

CamectArup

Dec 24, 2019, 11:21:40 PM12/24/19
to Camect User Forum
In the multi-camera view the resolution is limited. To view at higher resolution click the "pop-out" icon at the top right of the camera's title bar. Depending on the resolution of the camera there may be just one step or two steps to get to the full resolution.

If you're on android, you can also double-tap on camera from the multi-camera view to view in full screen mode at high-res. iOS doesn't support this, although we'll eventually see if we can do something similar another way.

I'm also assuming that you're on your home wifi network when you're asking about this. If you're aware from home, the video quality can also be affected by the quality of the network connection between you and your Camect device at home. In the worst case, if you're on a network that doesn't permit webRTC direct connections, you'll see a cloud icon at the top left and you may experience reduced quality because your encrypted video data has to be sent to you through a relay in the cloud.