Neos camera supported?

Riggers

Dec 31, 2019, 11:57:05 AM12/31/19
to Camect User Forum
Having discovered the two Yi cameras I owned werent supported, I spotted an image for what looked like a Neos camera on the camect website and made a perhaps somewhat niauve assumption that it was a supported camera.
Seems unable to be discoveredp.

Whilst I clearly should have done a bit more research, seeing the image on the website is perhaps a little misleading.

Riggers

Dec 31, 2019, 12:00:38 PM12/31/19
to Camect User Forum
Seems the camera is a clone or rebadge of Wyze and can be flashed...

https://www.reddit.com/r/wyzecam/comments/7w4kx4/openipc_open_source_firmware_with_rtsp_for/

CamectArup

Dec 31, 2019, 1:51:36 PM12/31/19
to Camect User Forum
The image on the web site, as you've realized by now, is a Wyze cam, which is well known in the US, but is not sold outside the US.

There are two other cameras -- Neos in the UK, and a Xiaomi camera in China - that use the same hardware with different software ... and yes, they can theoretically be made to work if you reflash them to use RTSP firmware. This step is not required if you have an actual Wyze cam.

Chris Glasspool

Jan 1, 2020, 7:06:56 AM1/1/20
to Camect User Forum
Neos definitely doesn't work with Camect. As you have found out they are identical to the Wyze cameras but you need to reflash them to get RTSP working. I have 2 but haven't taken the plunge yet. It's not a big issue for me as my Neos cams are inside and I don't really want 24/7 recording on them at the moment.