Camect events not firing

Lindsey Chesnutt

Jul 20, 2020, 3:21:48 PM7/20/20
to Camect User Forum

I'm using Home Assistant with the Camect integration. About a week ago, I noticed that my automations quit working. I've been looking into it today and I don't see any events for motion, but I do get events for changes to the operation mode.

I know there was an update recently that caused issues with the python module. I made sure that I had the 1.8 version and  I tested it to verify that I could connect without getting the SSL error.

Is there something else I should be looking for?

Thanks!
Message has been deleted

Chris W

Jul 20, 2020, 4:46:17 PM7/20/20
to Camect User Forum
Same problem for me..

CamectChao

Jul 20, 2020, 6:44:08 PM7/20/20
to Camect User Forum
How did you set up the motion events in HA?
We are fixing the camect-card not working issue. I am not sure about what has caused this no motion event issue.

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 1:46:17 PM UTC-7 Chris W wrote:
Same problem for me..

Lindsey Chesnutt

Jul 22, 2020, 9:03:10 AM7/22/20
to Camect User Forum
Interestingly, in my case, one of the cameras sends events but the others do not. I created an event listener with the python library to rule out anything to do with Home Assistant and can confirm that I only see events from one camera and when changing modes. Up until this morning, I hadn't changed any alert settings on the cameras in Camect.

I'd be happy to do a remote session to demonstrate.

Lindsey Chesnutt

Jul 22, 2020, 9:30:08 AM7/22/20
to Camect User Forum
Ok. I think I've figured it out. The API events no longer trigger unless email alerts are enabled under the "Me" tab.

CamectChao

Jul 22, 2020, 1:56:01 PM7/22/20
to Camect User Forum, mrche...@gmail.com
Good catch. We'll fix it.

P Mallone

Jul 22, 2020, 3:11:45 PM7/22/20
to Camect User Forum
That's strange...I'm not seeing that behavior. I don't have email alerts enabled at all, yet my home-assistant automations (using the camect-py library) seem to fire when people are seen. I do however have telegram (app) alerts enabled.

FYI Lindsey...since the modification of the API event payloads, I've been able to build automations directly into home-assistant (no node-red required anymore).

CamectChao

Jul 22, 2020, 3:33:27 PM7/22/20
to Camect User Forum, pfun...@gmail.com
On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 12:11:45 PM UTC-7 pfun...@gmail.com wrote:
That's strange...I'm not seeing that behavior. I don't have email alerts enabled at all, yet my home-assistant automations (using the camect-py library) seem to fire when people are seen. I do however have telegram (app) alerts enabled.
Right. As long as you have one of email, telegram or webpush alerts enbled, it still works.
We'll fix it.

CamectChao

Jul 25, 2020, 1:01:01 AM7/25/20
to Camect User Forum