Re: How to set Activity Zones?

Message has been deleted

CamectArup

Apr 19, 2020, 8:47:46 PM4/19/20
to Camect User Forum
See the bottom 2/3 or so of page 11 ... We're happy to answer questions as needed, of course.

KP

Apr 19, 2020, 8:48:59 PM4/19/20
to Camect User Forum
Got it - just found the other thread about this right after I posted it. Will give it a shot now. Thanks!

KP

Apr 19, 2020, 8:58:45 PM4/19/20
to Camect User Forum
One more semi-related question: if you accidentally add a new line/box to the zone, can you delete it?

CamectArup

Apr 19, 2020, 9:08:24 PM4/19/20
to Camect User Forum
No, that's currently not possible.

KP

Apr 19, 2020, 9:26:45 PM4/19/20
to Camect User Forum
Thanks - maybe a feature request would be to right-click to delete points from the editor.

I try to grab the corners and apparently often miss and it makes a new line, leading to something like this when I'm done (I just dragged the extra boxes to the top, hopefully it doesn't hurt performance too much).

Thanks!

CamectArup

Apr 20, 2020, 5:13:13 AM4/20/20
to Camect User Forum
Your example is certainly making a compelling case that we should have a way to delete! :-)

No promises on timing, but we'll keep this in mind ...

Andrew

Jun 28, 2020, 2:33:15 PM6/28/20
to Camect User Forum
can someone provide a link or a set of instructions?  I can't seem to find it anywhere and the manual confused me.

CamectArup

Jun 28, 2020, 2:47:35 PM6/28/20
to Camect User Forum

As mentioned earlier in the thread instructions are in the bottom 2/3 or so of page 11 of the "Learning More about Camect" guide linked off camect.com/welcome. Perhaps you could clarify which part is confusing?

To create a zone without having rated an alert first, you have to go to "manage ratings" under the "alerts" tab of the camera settings, and use "+" (to the right of the search box) to create a new rating.  Note that if you already have any suggested ratings for your camera, the "manage ratings" section is already open when you open the alerts tab -- if you click "manage ratings" you'll actually be closing the section. (We probably need to make that visually a little clearer.)

After using "+", you then click the pencil icon next to the rating you just created to edit it, and check the checkbox for "occur in the area of the image". Once you save the rating after doing that, the word "area" is clickable in the description of your rating. Click on "area" to define the region.

Andrew

Jun 28, 2020, 4:04:23 PM6/28/20
to Camect User Forum
This helped A LOT (ty)... it's just not very intuitive with all the menus you have to go through.