Tp-Link Tapo TC70 Onvif PTZ

Skip to first unread message

Matt Link

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 8:12:36 AM7/14/21
to Camect User Forum
Hi all,

Just added an internal PT (no Z) ONVIF camera to the network. Camect picked this up OK and after entering credentials I've got video and audit, but I can't get the PTZ controls to show up.

Camect detected the camera as: rtsp://<user>:<pass>@192.168.1.76:554/stream1  

I've tried disabling the auto-added camera and adding it manually using the following with the Onvif port, but get an error adding the camera

Adding Onvif.png

I think the camera's implementation of PTZ  using Onvif is probably OK, as I can control it using "Onvif Device Manager" (https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/) :
ONVIFDM.png

Is there anything I can do to get the PTZ controls working through Camect?

Arup Mukherjee

unread,
Jul 14, 2021, 2:32:57 PM7/14/21
to Matt Link, Camect User Forum
If you're getting an error adding the camera by Onvif, then the inability to connect via Onvif is the first issue to worry about.  Is the auto-discovered camera added as "Onvif camera" or is it "Generic Camera" ? 

When you add an Onvif camera manually, you're supposed to put only the IP address into the text box, as indicated by the prompt in the box you should see before you type anything, i.e. assuming you set the type to Onvif first. 

So, try putting in just the IP address and see if you're able to add the camera first.  If you are, it's possible that the camera uses one of the different PTZ modes that we don't support. (We actually don't officially claim to support Onvif PTZ functionality, although we do support some common PTZ modes that cover many Onvif cameras.) 

If you get an error even after putting in just the IP address, use "Report Bug" from the hub settings shortly afterwards, and we'll see if there's anything useful getting logged. 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Camect User Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to forum+un...@camect.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/camect.com/d/msgid/forum/e9410b37-bb0c-4420-a269-2d9692abf8f9n%40camect.com.

Matt Link

unread,
Jul 15, 2021, 6:22:45 AM7/15/21
to Camect User Forum, CamectArup, Camect User Forum, Matt Link
Hi Arup,

Thanks for the quick response. 

The camera was detected as "Onvif camera", so guessing it's due to the different PTZ modes you mentioned. 

I'd assumed Onvif PTZ would be standard between all cameras, but it sounds like onvif is more complicated than that!

I thought I'd try manually adding the camera as I wasn't sure if port 2020 was non-default and if that made a difference, just trying different things out, so I don't think there's any issues - just user error.

I'd seen the PTZ controls mentioned, but hadn't realised it wasn't officially supported, so no problem.

Thanks

Matt
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages