Home doesnt show up after set-up

Alejandro

Apr 13, 2020, 5:31:41 PM4/13/20
to Camect User Forum
I set up Camect easily per instructions. Its been over 20 minute and nothing shows up on the managed homes.
Everything is wired. I look at the forums. I am not using a cellular ISP i get the same IP address from different components.
I have navigated directly to the Camect address and get a message that its not yet registered. Everything is plugged in and on. Computer is hardwired to the router?
What can be causing the registration or home not to show up?

Thanks,

Alejandro

Apr 13, 2020, 5:51:30 PM4/13/20
to Camect User Forum
Finally got it to register. I unplugged the camera and it allowed me to re-register and it showed up immediately!
However, after I plugged in the camera it says it located a nest camera when I have an Amcrest!

CamectArup

Apr 13, 2020, 5:58:21 PM4/13/20
to Camect User Forum
Did you mean to say you unplugged "camect" rather than the "camera" ? Unplugging a camera isn't supposed to change anything related to activation.

If you have a Nest thermostat that's probably what's being detected as a "Nest device". Unless you're signed in to Nest we're unable to tell that it's a thermostat rather than a camera.

Since you know you don't have a Nest camera, the right fix is to disable it using the slider at the top left of the camera's title bar. Unfortunately though, there's currently a bug in the UI that may prevent you from disabling it -- Please put up with it for a while, and you'll be able to disable it after the next software update, which will hopefully be within a week or so.

Alejandro

Apr 13, 2020, 6:15:51 PM4/13/20
to Camect User Forum
No, I meant unplugged the camera. When I power cycled the Camect nothing changed. when I unplugged the camera and I clicked on find new homes it allowed me to re-register. and loaded up. I looked up on the forum about the nest camera. I found no slider to disable it. I have tried logging on to allow it to recognize its a thermostat but no luck it just says connecting. will try a couple of other things but if not will wait for the next software update. My camera did show up and is working fine. So now that I know everything works I will order more cameras and actually start installing.

Thanks.

Alejandro

Apr 13, 2020, 6:47:18 PM4/13/20
to Camect User Forum
One more question: Does the power button on the Camect box actually do anything. Cause I tried to power down the box since I won't be using it till I get more cameras and set everything up but nothing happens when I press it.

CamectArup

Apr 13, 2020, 7:20:00 PM4/13/20
to Camect User Forum
Yes, it's supposed to, Press it firmly for about 1 second and then wait up to 35 seconds for it to shut down.

If that fails to shut it down, you can pull out the power, or press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. (These two options may cause loss of video, whereas the one above will not.)

Arup