Amcrest overlay settings disabled.

Graham Bird

Jul 29, 2020, 3:29:49 PM7/29/20
to Camect User Forum
I have been checking out various items prior to permanently setting up my system.

I recently added an Amcrest IP8M-T2499EW-40MM / IP8M-T2499EB-40MM which I notice had its password changed automatically my Camect.

I am having a problem that when I set an overlay for the device name and date/time combo, save them and then close out of setup all works as expected.  However within a day the overlays vanish and when I check the settings each is marked as 'Disabled', though the name I gave the device is retained.

This has happened over and over is Camect disabling these two settings?   Any ideas on how to make them stick?

(BTW, I no such issues with the two cheapo Wyze cameras I am using in testing).

Cheers

Graham

CamectArup

Jul 30, 2020, 5:54:03 AM7/30/20
to Camect User Forum
Yes, we turn off those overlays as they can get in the way of object detection.

To disable this behavior, go to
      home settings > show advanced settings

and uncheck the checkbox for "Optimize settings on new cameras" ... The description for this checkbox clearly needs to be adjusted a bit. It's true that 95% of what it does only affects new cameras, but there are a few cases, like this one. where the setting can affect existing cameras.

Graham Bird

Jul 30, 2020, 11:57:09 AM7/30/20
to CamectArup, Camect User Forum
Thanks for that.  However the two Wyze cams DO show a date time stamp - where are they getting it from?

Cheers

Will Stillwell

Jul 30, 2020, 12:30:50 PM7/30/20
to Graham Bird, CamectArup, Camect User Forum
Possibly because the way they pull the video they don't have the ability to turn that off on Wyze Cams as part of their optimizations.

I manually turned off the Wyze logo to help optimize.  Left time stamps on so I could see the difference between them or Camect, along with funny fast motion video stuff.  Things are much more stable with RTSP Might just turn that off now myself for more optimization.

~Will