No audio from Nest cameras

Markus Gutschke

Dec 31, 2019, 1:15:03 AM12/31/19
to Camect User Forum
I don't seem to get audio out of my Nest cameras, when using Camect. But they appear to work just fine with audio, when I use their native interface. Is that a known problem? Am I doing something wrong.

Markus

CamectArup

Dec 31, 2019, 3:30:19 AM12/31/19
to Camect User Forum
This is not expected ... I assume you've enabled recording in the camera settings, or by default via the home settings? (It's off by default for all cameras.)

If it's enabled, and you get audio when you view the camera via Nest's web interface (not the app, just to be sure), then try exporting a clip and see if that has audio to rule out issues with playback.  Do you have any other cameras that are working fine with audio?

Markus Gutschke

Jan 1, 2020, 10:32:32 PM1/1/20
to Camect User Forum
Ah, found it. I didn't realize that there was another UI element that I need to click on to hear sound and all my cameras were muted by default. Thanks for giving me the correct hint for what to look for.

I was used to the Nest app which always defaults to unmuting all cameras, and expected similar behavior.

Markus