Telegram is Greyed out

Jonathon King

Apr 2, 2021, 7:23:44 AM4/2/21
to Camect User Forum
I recently had to reinstall camect and now I am trying to setup telegram alerts and the checkbox is greyed out. I have /canceled and started the telegram bot again but can not select the telegram alert box.

Will Stillwell

Apr 2, 2021, 11:17:05 AM4/2/21
to Jonathon King, Camect User Forum
Have you clicked on your picture and gone through this telegram setup that way properly?  I believe you have to do that before notifications via telegram are possible.  You said something about cancelling and starting telegram bot but just wanted to make sure you were talking about this.
image.png
image.png
If that is what you have done after doing that and it is still greyed out have you tried restarting your Camect?  Fresh Boot?  I know I sound like an IT guy did you try a reboot?     Well there is a reason us IT professionals asks that.  It is because it solves problems more than it doesn't.

~Will

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 5:23 AM Jonathon King <vooh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I recently had to reinstall camect and now I am trying to setup telegram alerts and the checkbox is greyed out. I have /canceled and started the telegram bot again but can not select the telegram alert box.

CamectChao

Apr 2, 2021, 12:27:33 PM4/2/21
to Camect User Forum, Will, Camect User Forum, Jonathon King
This is caused by we paused a software release due to some unexpected issues. The new release allows every user to customize telegram/email messages.
We are working to get the release out ASAP. The current estimation is some time early next week.
As a workaround, if you want to customize telegram alerts (i.e. limit the time when to send telegram alerts), please go to local.home.camect.com and use the alert tab.
Sorry for the hassle..