Sleep Mode

Danny Babiy

Jun 18, 2024, 9:00:54 AMJun 18
to Camect User Forum
Hi,

There are currently Normal and At home modes, with "re-enable while I sleep" sort of acting like a third. I would like to ask for you to consider adding ability to specify which cameras I'd like to re-enable while in sleep mode.

For example, I disable notifications from certain outdoor and indoor cameras while I'm home, but I would like to re-enable notifications from those outdoor cameras while I sleep, leaving the indoor ones disabled.

Additionally, it would be great if there was a way to enter/exit sleep mode based on phone's sleep (bedtime) mode, instead of a set time schedule. I don't think Apple provides APIs to detect when phone is specifically in Sleep Do-not-disturb mode, or bedtime start/end times, but using the Shortcut app the user can trigger actions based on entering/exiting that mode. So if the Camect APP had Shortcut integration for changing modes, that would be simplest, but if there was API available to change modes, at least power users could utilize it. Based on https://github.com/camect/camect-py/blob/master/camect/__init__.py. it looks like there is only support for setting Home or Default, but not Sleep.

Lastly, I'd like to request that you add support for "Critical" notifications so that sound is played even if in Do Not Disturb. I would like Camect notifications to actually wake me up while I'm sleeping.

PS. Just an FYI, but up until today I though settings for operating mode haven't made it into v2 UI yet, and I've been using v1. The mode buttons look like they are just for changing modes manually, not that they also hide settings when you click on it the second time. I would expect operating mode settings to be in settings, like in v1.

Thank you,

Kjell Osness

Jun 24, 2024, 9:27:11 PMJun 24
to Camect User Forum, Danny Babiy
I am currently working on setting up some lighting control that will flash and or turn colors when I get a person detected in a camera at a certain time.  There is a driver for Nice (Elan) Control Systems.to accomplish this.

CamectChao

Jun 27, 2024, 3:50:54 AMJun 27
to Camect User Forum, da...@babiy.com
On Tuesday, June 18, 2024 at 6:00:54 AM UTC-7 da...@babiy.com wrote:
Hi,

There are currently Normal and At home modes, with "re-enable while I sleep" sort of acting like a third. I would like to ask for you to consider adding ability to specify which cameras I'd like to re-enable while in sleep mode.
OK. Added to our list.

[...]

We can add that to the API.

Lastly, I'd like to request that you add support for "Critical" notifications so that sound is played even if in Do Not Disturb. I would like Camect notifications to actually wake me up while I'm sleeping.
Yeah. That's on our list.

PS. Just an FYI, but up until today I though settings for operating mode haven't made it into v2 UI yet, and I've been using v1. The mode buttons look like they are just for changing modes manually, not that they also hide settings when you click on it the second time. I would expect operating mode settings to be in settings, like in v1.
Would it help if we add a tooltip to the button?

Thank you,

Danny Babiy

Jun 27, 2024, 10:07:27 AMJun 27
to Camect User Forum, CamectChao, da...@babiy.com
If you mean on hover tooltip, that won't help on mobile. Is there a reason you don't like it in main settings like in v1?
If it had to remain in that mode switch section, maybe just add a dedicated gear icon button to that section?

Thank you,