Home Disconnected - Click to Retry

Randy Rushing

May 11, 2020, 5:15:47 PM5/11/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi,

Is anyone else having issues connecting currently?   Within 15min of receiving an alert I've noticed that I can't connect to my system via mobile app or browser and this is all on my local network.  I've determined Camect is pingable and I see it making a connection outside my firewall to 35.202.229.234, but no real traffic is moving.  I've tried killing the connection at my firewall and it restores itself, I've also tried power cycling Camect several times to no avail.  Traceroute to 35.202.228.234 took several minutes as tested from my PC, slow, but did finally come through.

Any thoughts on next troubleshooting steps?

Thanks

Jan Andersen

May 11, 2020, 5:28:08 PM5/11/20
to Camect User Forum
I also lost my connection. Got an email saying my home went offline. Happened about an hour ago. Disconnecting the power and reconnect didn't do any change.
Local IP address of the unit answers to ping.

Randy Rushing

May 11, 2020, 5:43:19 PM5/11/20
to Camect User Forum
Same, It was approx 1hr ago for me also.  Browser to https://<Camect_ipaddress> results in prompt for username and password, nothing I've tried gets me in though.

CamectArup

May 11, 2020, 5:45:43 PM5/11/20
to Camect User Forum
I'm looking into this ...

CamectArup

May 11, 2020, 6:13:03 PM5/11/20
to Camect User Forum
I think the issue is resolved now. Let me know if you're still seeing problems. We'll be doing some investigation to determine why the system incorrectly thought that some of your devices were not connected when in fact they were.

Randy Rushing

May 11, 2020, 6:32:23 PM5/11/20
to Camect User Forum
Yes, my system restored roughly around the time you updated this thread.  I appreciate the effort, on a positive side, I believe that the system held all of the alerts and I got them via email however not via Telegram once the system was back online.

PS

May 11, 2020, 8:59:56 PM5/11/20
to Camect User Forum
Not sure if my issue is related to this, but I am continually being asked for a password as well. @Arup can you please check my account, if any issues. Please DM me fo account info. Thanks.

CamectArup

May 11, 2020, 9:20:30 PM5/11/20
to Camect User Forum
This should be entirely unrelated. It looks like you've managed to set an "extra password" for yourself via the users tab, so it won't let you access the system with a cloud identity unless you know that password.

Send me a note from the email account you used to activate the device, and I'll walk you through recovering from it.

Jan Andersen

May 12, 2020, 1:54:18 AM5/12/20
to Camect User Forum
I can confirm that my unit is online again. Thanks for the help.